Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The place where people go to die.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grammar in the forum, in role play, and in applications.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sebastian Møller
Admin // Basketcase
Sebastian Møller

Grammar in the forum, in role play, and in applications. Empty
PostSubject: Grammar in the forum, in role play, and in applications.   Grammar in the forum, in role play, and in applications. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 1:41 pm

I just wanted to give people a heads up about grammar in the forum even though it's already been mentioned in the rules.

People make mistakes and typos and misspellings all the time. The mods all understand that, seeing as how they're just as likely to do it as anyone else. However, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't give your post or application a read-over and a spell check before submitting it. It's common courtesy to put forth an effort for whoever you're role playing with.

Concerning the applications, having grammatical errors isn't going to immediately disqualify you from being accepted. BUT--keep in mind that we aren't required to accept everyone who applies. If it's obvious that you haven't put forth any effort at all in making your application as clear and correct as possible, then as a mod, I have the power to ask you to clean it up before officially accepting you or just rejecting your application altogether.

That being said, if there's a player on the board that you feel isn't putting any effort into their posting (i.e., constant misspellings, no grammar whatsoever, might as well be speaking a foreign language, not following the rules as far as content and length), I'm the person to contact. Do not whine about them on the chatbox or start wank about it with the other players. We want A.P.H. to be a higher quality RP.

And just so you know, don't stress about the chatbox. It's just the box, and you can use as little or as much grammar as you want in there. It's just for fun!
Back to top Go down
https://aphasylum.rpg-board.net

Grammar in the forum, in role play, and in applications.
Page 1 of 1